Home Health

Services Provided:

Through our Home Health department, The Independence Center (The IC) employs RN's and LPN's who provide skilled care services such as: medication management, wound care, IV therapy. There is an RN on call 24/7. Our Home Health department also has occupational and physical therapists. Our certified nursing assistants (CNA) assist with activities of daily living. We also have personal caregivers and homemakers.  

Our In Home Support Services (IHSS) care is frequently provided by a family caregiver hired by the Agency.

Call April (471-8181 x.130) with any home care questions.

Home Modification Information

A physical therapist can come to your home to assess safety needs and home modifications needed to help you live as independently as possible. 

The Independence Center (The IC) can provide home modifications for The IC consumers. The modifications can be to either homeowners or renters with the approval of the landlord. Work will be performed by either a trained staff person or a licensed contractor and will be inspected by The IC. After filling out a short application a committee will decide on which modifications will be performed, based on estimated costs, safety, increase in independence, and improvement to the quality of life.

Some examples of a home modification would include strengthening and lengthening a wheelchair ramp, installing grab bars, contrasts to stairs, or a talking thermostat, widening doors, lowering cabinets, etc.

If you are in need of a modification to your home that will greatly improve your safety, independence or quality of life, please contact Paul at 471-8181 ext. 122


View current Home Health positions 

Home Health Care Brochure

Families Taking Care of Families

Home Health Care BrochureDownload Brochure

We provide care in El Paso County

With a family caregiver or dedicated caregiver in the home, we will go to any of the six counties we work in.