DEPARTMENT: Home Health
REPORTS TO: Home Health Operations Manager
STATUS: Full-time; 40 hour/week; non-exempt/hourly
Position summary: Responsible for providing support services and assistance to the Home Health Director and Operations Manager with the primary role of serving as a mentor and resource to the caregiver staff to improve caregiver experience. Works closely with the Orientation and Training Specialist.
- High school diploma; advanced education desirable
- Current CNA license required.
- Six months’ caregiver experience and caregiver training
- Two years’ experience in the home healthcare industry
- Scheduling experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology and home healthcare field
- Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Current driver’s license, valid vehicle insurance, safe driving record and reliable transportation, current CPR certification, current TB screening.
- Demonstrates THE IC’s core values of Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability and Integrity.
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability:
Visits Scheduled Not Made (VSNM):
- Pulls a weekly report of the visits scheduled not made once the HH Schedulers have completed data validation
- Makes phone calls to caregivers to inquire about VSNM and instructs caregivers to complete time verification forms if needed.
- Documents all caregiver communications with VSNM.
- Assists HH Schedulers with maintaining schedule.
- Assists HH Schedulers with providing direction to field staff and communicates with supervisors as needed to assure safe and effective coverage of client needs.
- Reports scheduling changes to supervisor.
- Assist HH Schedulers with payroll process as needed including:
- Manage administrative activity for pay processing
- Data validation in Home Solutions
- Match daily VMNS and daily reconciliation of VSNM.
- Runs actual vs scheduled visits and makes corrections/requests time verification from field staff prior to finishing payroll process.
- Daily reconciliation of the conflict report
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Respects the confidentiality of information in client and employee records.
- Assure compliance with client health-care records privacy and confidentiality per The IC guidelines and HIPAA regulations.
- Protects documents in a manner that prevents unauthorized access.
- Provides updates to HH Operations Manager regarding caregiver compliance.
- Monitors employee performance in areas of dependability, responsiveness, timeliness and client needs.
- Documents necessary communication in caregiver files.
- Facilitates the evaluation and performance review of Field staff.
Home Healthcare Field support:
- Performs CNA, PCA visits as needed which includes on-call visits.
- Manages the on-call phone as needed and in accordance with the CNA Scheduler on-call policy.
- Performs job in compliance with agency policies and procedures as well as community and professional standards
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas.
- Assures compliance with applicable state and federal standards.
- Attends meetings and educational programs as required.
- Accepts responsibility for person and professional development.
- Participates in the agency’s ongoing quality improvement activities.
Caregiver Recruiting and Onboarding
- Assist HH Operations Manager and HH Manager by managing and screening incoming applications and inquiries in response to caregiver job postings.
- Schedule and assist with in-office and phone interviews with caregivers.
- Assist with assembling orientation materials and assist with managing caregiver new hire paperwork/application documents.
- Assist with new hire application process and coordination of orientation planning with HH Training and Orientation Specialist, HR, HCBS Coordinator and DON as required for both field staff caregivers as well as family friend caregivers.
- Assist with training check off schedule (coordinating with schedulers, caregiver and HH Operations Manager’s schedules) for CNA or PCA re: challenging needs for clients.
- Troubleshoot/assist with managing/fixing telephony issues.
- Provide orientation to incoming employees regarding telephony and EMR processes.
- Set up new caregivers in EMR>.
- Primary point of contact with assigned caregivers at Orientation, when meeting new consumers, while going through training and when encountering any issues with the caregiver position.
- Manages the exception caregiver who may fall into more than one service line, ensuring these caregivers are provided appropriate training, reviews and tasks.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with caregivers, assisting with the preparation and execution of initial caregiver orientation meetings, and following up after orientation to maintain an open dialogue with the caregiver.
- Increase caregiver retention.
- Improve caregiver compliance with division standards such as proper documenting and time recording.
- Ensure delivery of quality care to consumers.
- With HH Operations Manager oversight, prepares and facilitates caregiver staff annual performance reviews.
- Accountable for results of caregiver and consumer satisfaction surveys.
- Assist HR with renewables.
- Participate and attend required meetings.
- Maintain, organize and update office forms.
- Notify staff of needed required documentation.
- Participate in the Quality Assurance program as required.
- Assist with providing in-services for all staff.
- Assist HH Operations Manager with meeting information and forms upon request.
- Complete 12 annual Continuing Education Units (CEU).
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Extraordinary internal and external customer service
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Data base management skill
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and attention to detail essential
- Possess decision making and problem-solving skills
- Good documentation and computer skills
- Responsibility for personal and professional growth.
- Office environment, must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position may also require the performance of other duties as assigned.
If you are qualified and wish to apply, please route your resume and salary expectations along with a cover letter addressing your alignment with the minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses must be received by Friday, July 23, 2018.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The Independence Center is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.