The Independence Center furthers its mission through grants from governmental and private sources. Here is a list of 2015 grants received and a brief description of projects and programming the grants support.
- Sam’s Club granted $1,000 to buy equipment for consumers to improve health.
- The Myron Stratton Home granted $7,500 for diabetes education for staff and consumers.
- Corporate Sponsors collectively funded $11,330 and paid for our ADA Celebration.
- National Council on Independent Living (NCIL) is paying $20,000 for a Spinal Cord Injury Program which includes a peer support group, outreach, equipment, and field trips.
- Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments (PPACG) awarded $25,000 for equipment to enhance independence and the quality of life for seniors with reduced vision.
- Daniels Fund awarded $45,000 for equipment to be given to Red Cross Shelters that will enhance the accessibility of emergency disaster shelters.
- Regional Care Collaborative Organization Region 7 (RCCO 7) awarded two grants. One will test a reporting system by caregivers to see if collected information can prevent hospitalizations; the other grant provides ADA coordination for the RCCO7.
2015 ADA Celebration Sponsors
Please join us in thanking our corporate and individual sponsors of our 2015 ADA Celebration event.
Central Bancorp Insurance
Network Insurance Services
Cascade Investment Group
Denver Management Advisors
HealthSouth Colorado Springs
Melat, Pressman, Higbie
Meeting the Challenge