The Independence Center furthers its mission through grants from governmental and private sources. Here is a list of 2019 grants received and a brief description of projects and programming the grants support.
- The Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Community Access & Independence awarded $150,000 to The IC to fund the expansion of accessible parking spaces for people with disabilities in parking lots throughout the state.
- National Council on Independent Living (NCIL) and Craig Neilsen Foundation awarded $25,000 to The IC to fund a Spinal Cord Injury Program, which includes a peer support group, outreach, equipment, and field trips.
- The El Paso County Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) awarded The IC $25,000 to expand service in several areas throughout the Front Range.
- The Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments (PPACG) awarded The IC $10,000 to support the increase of Stepping On workshops for people 60 and over in Park, Teller, and El Paso counties. Stepping On is an evidence-based program proven to reduce falls for older adults.
- Walmart awarded The IC $1,000 to support the purchase of equipment to support The IC’s Assistive Technology program.