The Independence Center furthers its mission through grants from governmental and private sources. Here is a list of current grants received and a brief description of projects and programming these generous grant makers make possible.
- State of Colorado Department of Labor and Employment awarded The IC $44,243 to support the Older Individuals with Blindness program.
- The Healthy Community Living program awarded The IC $30,000 to support peer-led Independent Living skills workshops.
- The El Paso County Community Development Block Grant awarded The IC $25,000 to expand service in several areas throughout the Front Range.
- The Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments awarded The IC $10,000 to support the increase of Stepping On workshops for people 60 and over in Park, Teller, and El Paso counties. Stepping On is an evidence-based program proven to reduce falls for older adults.
- East Central Council of Local Governments awarded $3,900 to The IC to support Stepping On classes in Cheyenne County and Lincoln County.
- Walmart awarded The IC $2,000 to support The IC’s Home Health and Independent Living services.