REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
STATUS: Full-time; 40 hour/week – non-exempt
Position summary: Performs daily accounts receivable functions, including billing claims, revenue cycle management and monthly reporting, to ensure timely cash flow, timely customer service and compliance with all regulatory requirements of third party payers.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in medical billing
- Experience with Medicare, Medicaid and Veteran Affairs insurance billing
- Experienced in Accounts Receivables and revenue cycle management
- Experienced in software applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Demonstrates THE IC’s core values of Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability and Integrity and essential team virtues of Humble, Hungry and Smart.
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability:
- Ensure timely flow of billing data.
- Submits to management and maintains all accounts receivable reports, including aging detail and month end reports.
- Responsible for Home Health and VA initial billing, insurance denials, and adjustments.
- Posts all Home Health remittance advices to individual client accounts.
- Responsible for Medicaid Billing Compliance program.
- Responsible for grant tracking and grant invoicing
- Submits Medicare Credit Balance Report quarterly.
- Records and monitors the A/R invoices for the agency as well as maintains timely communication with payers and staff for A/R related issues and collection of outstanding balances.
- Works closely with other department staff and acts as an educational resource for reimbursement issues, compliance and insurance regulations.
- Understands and complies with all appropriate HIPAA regulations
Skills and Abilities:
- Medical Terminology knowledge
- Home Health Care knowledge
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Possess decision making and problem-solving skills
- Maintains confidentiality
- Office environment, requires ongoing computer use and extended amount of time sitting and standing. Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 25 lbs infrequently.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position may also require the performance of other duties as assigned.
If you are qualified and wish to apply, please route your resume and salary expectations along with a cover letter addressing your alignment with the minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The Independence Center is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.