JOB TITLE: Business Services Manager
REPORTS TO: Controller
STATUS: Full-time salaried/exempt
Working under the direction of the Controller, the Business Services Manager oversees all aspects of The IC’s information technology systems and employee, client/consumer, visitor and facility safety. These responsibilities also include managing the Business Services team and departmental resources and budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 5+ years of related I.T. work experience
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Exchange Server, and Office 365 Administration
- Knowledge of VOIP based phone systems
- Currently trained in de-escalation training (i.e. CPI, Mandt, Effective Behavior Strategies, Front Desk Safety and Security) or willing to complete within 30 days of hire and annually thereafter
- Experience in Project Management preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates THE IC’s core values of Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability and Integrity and essential team virtues of Humble, Hungry and Smart
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability:
Information technology and security:
- Directly supervises and coordinates activities of the I.T. Generalist ensuring that The IC’s I.T. network, hardware, software and information are secure, effectively operating and accessible.
- Develop and implement I.T. policies, best practice guides and disaster recovery plan for The IC.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update hardware, software and I.T. systems. Oversee and determine timeframes for major I.T. projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
- Develop materials and procedures and provide training and workshops for The IC’s staff in the proper use of hardware, software and information security.
- Assist the Controller in developing, maintaining, monitoring and educating The IC’s staff on HIPAA compliance policies and best practices.
- Utilize administrative tools to monitor and schedule systems and I.T. support tasks. Provide I.T. support, in addition to the I.T. Generalist when needed, to employees in answering questions or resolving computer problems.
People safety and security:
- Directly supervises and coordinates activities of the Information Specialists ensuring authorized entrance and departure of employees, clients and visitors to maintain the safety and security of The IC’s premises as well as identifying visitor needs and making appropriate program referrals.
- Maintain, and train all office employees on, the facility’s alarm/security systems, building keys and general safety and evacuation procedures to ensure a safe and secure work environment.
- Provide safety and facility support for events held at The IC.
- Lead The IC’s Emergency Response Team and emergency response procedures to ensure the safety of staff and clients.
- Lead The IC’s Safety Committee to promote safety throughout The IC’s activities. Hold quarterly Safety Committee meetings and provide training to include, but not limited to, de-escalation training at All Staff meetings and electronic safety briefs to Field Staff.
Facility maintenance and security:
- Directly supervises and coordinates activities of the Facility Coordinator ensuring that building, equipment and fleet maintenance schedules are developed and adhered to.
- Oversees purchasing processes for services, supplies and equipment and manages vendors and contractors performing work for The IC related to the responsibilities of the Facility Coordinator.
- Maintain, and keep secure, all building keys, door locks and alarm systems.
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Possess strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team; good active listening skills and ability to recognize how decisions impact individuals across The IC
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with co-workers and the public
- Maintains confidentiality
- Office environment requiring ongoing computer use and extended time sitting or standing, must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are qualified and wish to apply, please route your resume and salary expectations along with a cover letter addressing your alignment with the minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses must be received by Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Independence Center adheres to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, as explained in its employee handbook, to all eligible participants regardless of age, sex, color, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower the most qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.