Certified Nurse Aide
Provides personal care services as ordered by the physician. Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist/RN and household services essential to health care at home.
- Successful completion of a formal CNA certification training program, skills test and competency evaluation
- Current license as a Certified Nurse Aide in the State of Colorado
- Current driver’s license, valid vehicle insurance, safe driving record and reliable transportation, current CPR certification, current TB screening
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills, good interpersonal skills, organizational and time management skills
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Must be skilled at complicated transfer techniques: Hoyer Lift/Easy Pivot Machine/gait belt, weight bearing & non-weight bearing techniques
- Demonstrates THE IC’s core values of Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability and Integrity and essential team virtues of Humble, Hungry and Smart.
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist/RN
- Range of motion exercises
- Bowel program/Digital Stimulation
- Urinary catheter care
- Performs personal care activities, including but not limited to
- Bathing: Bed bath/tub bath/shower
- Skin care/nail care
- Oral hygiene
- Performs household services essential to health care at home, including but not limited to
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Laundry – only if soiled during visit
- Light housekeeping in work areas soiled or as pertains to client care
- Assists in the administration of medications that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (per state nurse practice laws and agency policy)
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the client’s condition and/or needs to the Registered Nurse immediately. Completes documentation on the appropriate forms including accident/incident reports.
- Documents care provided and completes the forms required for the client’s records. Completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations
- Checks Kantime for next weeks’ schedule every Friday by 10 AM. Notify scheduler immediately of errors in your schedule. Uses telephony to chart arrival and departure time as well as entering task codes to document care provided. Notifies office staff of difficulties encountered with telephony system while in the clients’ home, or the next business day if event occurs after hours.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices, following agency guidelines and reporting unsafe situations to the supervisor/case manager
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until orientation has been provided. Notifies supervisor of educational needs. Uses lift equipment provided in the home according to the instructions in the Plan of care. Reports equipment in need of repair
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team through verbal reports, participation in staff meetings and team conferences as requested
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Participates in required in-service programs to meet compliance requirements. Identifies learning needs to agency supervisor
- Complete 12 annual Continuing Education Units (CEU)
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary
- Maintains active Colorado CNA License
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Possess decision making and problem solving skills
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Good documentation and computer skills
- Attention to detail and good observation skills
- Home health environment, must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position may also require the performance of other duties as assigned.
If you are qualified and wish to apply, please route your resume and salary expectations along with a cover letter addressing your alignment with the minimum qualifications to email@example.com Responses must be received by Monday, May 6, 2019.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Independence Center adheres to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, as explained in its employee handbook, to all eligible participants regardless of age, sex, color, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower the most qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.