Personal Care Attendant
Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly. Part Time
Reports To: HH Manager
Provides personal care and skilled services under the direction of the Consumer and within the guidelines of Colorado Springs Independence Center company policies and procedures. The Home Health Attendant is hired and assigned to specific clients at the request of the Consumer with assistance from the Agency and performs services for clients as is necessary to maintain their personal comfort.
- Successful completion of the IHSS general training program, skills test, competency evaluation or the equivalent documentation
- Current driver’s license, vehicle insurance, good driving record
- CPR certification
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to safely lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be skilled at complicated transfer techniques and any equipment used by consumer as pertains to consumer care
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability
- Performs simple procedures under the direction, training and supervision of the consumer, while following all policies and procedures including but not limited to the following:
- Range of motion exercises
- Bowel program/Digital stimulation
- Urinary catheter care
- Wound care per client instruction
- Performs personal care activities, including but not limited to the following:
- Bathing, bed bath/tub, bath/shower
- Skin care/nail care
- Oral hygiene
- Performs household services essential to home health care, as directed by the consumer but not limited to the following:
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Laundry duties
- Light housekeeping
- Assists with medications per consumer direction
- Provide protective oversight
- Report any observed or reported changes in the client’s condition and/or needs to the consumer and to the HCBS coordinator.
- Documents care provided and completes the forms required for the client’s records.
- Turn in all time sheets before 10:00 am every Monday.
- Records accurate time in/out, using telephony system, for every visit.
- Promote personal safety and a safe environment for consumers by observing infection control practices.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of all necessary equipment prior to use in the client’s home. Uses lift equipment provided in the home according to the instructions in the POC.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team through verbal reports. Participates in staff meetings, in services and team conferences as requested and required.
- Maintains confidentiality and follows HIPAA guidelines in all aspects of the position.
- Participates in in required in service programs to meet compliance requirements. Notifies learning needs to the agency.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Possess decision making and problem solving skills
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Good documentation and computer skills
- Attention to detail and good observation skills
- Home health environment, must be able to life at least 50 lbs. frequently
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower the qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position may also require the performance of other duties as assigned.
We are hiring great people to join our Home Healthcare Team! Preferred candidates must be flexible to work between 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily with the ability to accept multiple visits per day in various locations. Includes work every other weekend.
If you are qualified and wish to apply, please route your resume and salary expectations along with a cover letter addressing your alignment with the minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org Responses must be received by Monday, May 6, 2019.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Independence Center adheres to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, as explained in its employee handbook, to all eligible participants regardless of age, sex, color, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower the most qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.