Registered Nurse (Per Diem)
DEPARTMENT: Home Health
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing
STATUS: Per Diem
Provides quality skilled nursing care to persons with disabilities in their homes; works on team relationships with others and carries out assigned responsibilities. Performs client assessments based on agency and government standards of practice to ensure effective and appropriate homecare services. Directs, plans and initiates appropriate action independently and responsively in home care situations.
- Must have current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado.
- Current driver’s license, safe driving record and reliable transportation, CPR certification, current TB results.
- Minimum of one year Medicare/Medicaid home healthcare experience.
- Understanding and knowledge of developing care plans for client care.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with individuals and their families.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Demonstrates THE IC’s core values of Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability and Integrity.
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability
- Carries out the policies of The Independence Center
- Reviews client referral information and responds to requests and
- Evaluates eligibility and appropriateness of client for home care services
- Performs client assessments based on agency and government standards of practice to ensure effective and appropriate homecare services
- Considers the physical, psychological and socio-economic needs of the client, and ability for the client needs to be met in the home
- Collaborates with physician and other health care professionals
- Makes decisions and/ or recommendations that reflect consideration of immediate and long-range effects (components of care plan, frequency of skilled visits, and additional services.
- Directs, plans and initiates appropriate action independently and responsively in home care situations
- Utilizes agency and community resources appropriately
- Records documentation of clinical records to ensure compliance with regulatory standards of timeliness, accuracy and completeness and company policy.
- Communicates with other disciplines/departments when required
- Identifies staffing needs and communicates this information
- Communicates with physicians and supervisor of any and all changes of client’s conditions and concerns
- Performs a comprehensive client assessment in the home with the client and the CNA, and other disciplines involved every 60 days, which includes reviewing/revising the plan of care
- Supervises Home Health Aides and LPN’s to provide effective and quality Home Care Services as is mandated by Federal and State Regulations.
- Promotes personal safety and safe environment for clients and co-workers
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety infection control practices by compliance with policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and instructs safe and competent practices in the use and maintenance of equipment.
- Assesses safety of environment and takes initiative to prevent accidents and promote safety.
- Participates in all mandatory education per guidelines established by The IC.
- Performs job duties in accordance with agency policies, state regulations and The IC policies and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job. Does not reveal information from client records to others, except as identified in agency policy and in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Secures written and electronic confidential documents in a manner that prevents unauthorized release.
- Provides care in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Completes assigned tasks within established guidelines and time frames.
- Provides On-call duties when requested by the D.O.N., or other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Possess decision making and problem solving skills
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good documentation and computer skills
- Attention to detail and good observation skills
- Home health environment, must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position may also require the performance of other duties as assigned.
If you are qualified and wish to apply, please route your resume and salary expectations along with a cover letter addressing your alignment with the minimum qualifications to email@example.com Responses must be received by Monday, May 6, 2019.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Independence Center adheres to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, as explained in its employee handbook, to all eligible participants regardless of age, sex, color, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower the most qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.