Certified Nurse Aide
Job Title: Certified Nurse Aide
Department: Home Health
Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly. Part Time
Reports To: HH Manager
Position summary: Provides personal care services as ordered by the physician. Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist/RN and household services essential to health care at home.
- Successful completion of a formal CNA certification training program, skills test and competency evaluation
- Current driver’s license, safe driving record and reliable transportation, CPR certification, current TB results
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills, good interpersonal skills, organizational and time management skills
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to safely lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be skilled at complicated transfer techniques: Hoyer Lift/Easy Pivot Machine/gait belt, weight bearing & non-weight bearing techniques
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability:
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist/RN
- Range of motion exercises
- Bowel program/Digital Stimulation
- Urinary catheter care
- Performs personal care activities, including but not limited to
- Bathing: Bed bath/tub bath/shower
- Skin care/nail care
- Oral hygiene
- Performs household services essential to health care at home, including but not limited to
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Laundry – only if soiled during visit
- Light housekeeping in work areas soiled or as pertains to client care
- Assists in the administration of medications that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (per state nurse practice laws and agency policy)
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the client’s condition and/or needs to the Registered Nurse immediately. Completes documentation on the appropriate forms including accident/incident reports.
- Documents care provided and completes the forms required for the client’s records. Completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations
- Turns in all time sheets by 10:00 am every Monday. Picks up work assignment schedule every Thursday for the next work week
- Records accurate time in/out, using telephony system, for every visit
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices, following agency guidelines and reporting unsafe situations to the supervisor/case manager
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until orientation has been provided. Notifies supervisor of educational needs. Uses lift equipment provided in the home according to the instructions in the Plan of care. Reports equipment in need of repair
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team through verbal reports, participation in staff meetings and team conferences as requested
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Participates in required in-service programs to meet compliance requirements. Identifies learning needs to agency supervisor
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Possess decision making and problem solving skills
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Good documentation and computer skills
- Attention to detail and good observation skills
- Home health environment, must be able to life at least 50 lbs. frequently
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position may also require the performance of other duties as assigned.
We are hiring great people to join our Home Healthcare Team! Preferred candidates must be flexible to work between 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily with the ability to accept multiple visits per day in various locations. Includes work every other weekend.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The Independence Center is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.