The Independence Center CNA Training Program
Welcome to our multi-award winning Colorado Springs nurse aide training program for students wanting to obtain the necessary training that is required to become a professional Certified Nurse Aide (CNA).
CNA Training Program Tour
Take a video tour of the new CNA Training location in downtown Colorado Springs
- Are approved by the Colorado State Board of Nursing
- Have a team of experienced and friendly professional nurses and staff
- Offer both daytime and evening courses
- Are the top training program recommended by most local employers of CNAs
- Have been selected as the 2011, 2012, 2013 (no category in 2014), 2015 and 2016 People’s Choice Winner for Gazette’s Best of the Springs Continuing and Technical Education Programs.
- Have trained over 3,000 nurse aides as of December 2016, including many RN, PA & MD program applicants/graduates, nursing home administrators, international students, veterans and veteran spouses.
- Will strive to help you achieve your goal of becoming a professional CNA!
"I am amazed at how much I have learned in such a short time. I was very apprehensive about this course to say the least. Nurse Nancy has completely changed my opinion and path. Her extensive knowledge, passion, and commitment to her practice shines through. She makes the lectures authentic and engaging. I am even happy to report that I am now looking into becoming an RN and it is greatly due to her inspiration."
"I am a recent graduate of the program and a current employee of The Independence Center. It was a thorough program. The information contained in the program will be so invaluable to me. I will be to get a better job and be able to support my family. I would recommend this program to anyone looking to become a CNA. I was glad for the opportunity to further my career. "
"I am a recent graduate of The IC CNA School and a new employee to The IC. I am so proud to be a part of such a warm and caring team! I loved how the course is fast, to the point, yet very thorough. And the great part is that it's taught in a way that you will never forget. I was able to ace both my written and clinical exams! I feel confident with my training that I have the foundation that I need to be an effective and efficient CNA. Thank you to The IC for my new career and for being such a bright light for people with disabilities!"
“After two strokes, my mom needed caregiving. I attended classes [at The Independence Center CNA School] to become certified so I can take care of my mom and be paid through Medicaid as a certified caregiver. The classes gave me a lot of information and I learned how to take better care of her, discreetly and with dignity."
If you need help paying for tuition for the CNA certification, please contact the Pikes Peak Workforce Center first! You can reach them at 719.667.3791.