CNA Training Program
About the CNA Training Program
Welcome to The Independence Center’s Certified Nursing Aide Training Program.
If you’re looking for a career as a CNA, need to fill a prerequisite as a nurse-in-training, or want to train to take care of a family member, we’re dedicated to helping you achieve your goals!
Our award-winning training program:
- Is approved by the Colorado State Board of Nursing.
- Is taught by a team of experienced, friendly instructors who are professional RNs and LPNs.
- Is only four weeks long, with both day and evening classes available.
- Consists of lectures, discussions, anatomical models, role playing, demonstration/return demonstration, and skills training labs. We also have functional sinks, closets, privacy curtains, and full-sized med-mannequins.
- Offers a clinical phase in local skilled nursing facilities.
- Issues graduates the (104 hours) Proof-of-Training Affidavit required to take the State Boards.
- Provides onsite state testing after graduation for students to become officially certified (the “C” in CNA) by the Colorado State Board of Nursing.
CNA Training Program Tour
Take a video tour of our CNA Training Program location in downtown Colorado Springs.
With our $950 all-inclusive tuition*, there are never any hidden fees.
- All training materials
- Loaner scrub top
- Gait belt
- CPR classes (optional)
- TB test
- Flu vaccine (season warranting)
- Background check
- State testing fee
*If you need assistance paying for tuition for the CNA Training Program, please contact the Pikes Peak Workforce Center at 719.667.3791.
"I am a recent graduate of The IC CNA School and a new employee to The IC. I am so proud to be a part of such a warm and caring team! I loved how the course is fast, to the point, yet very thorough. And the great part is that it’s taught in a way that you will never forget. I was able to ace both my written and clinical exams! I feel confident with my training that I have the foundation that I need to be an effective and efficient CNA. Thank you to The IC for my new career and for being such a bright light for people with disabilities!"
"I am a recent graduate of the program and a current employee of The Independence Center. It was a thorough program. The information contained in the program will be so invaluable to me. I will be to get a better job and be able to support my family. I would recommend this program to anyone looking to become a CNA. I was glad for the opportunity to further my career."