COVID-19 Resource Page
Our Response to COVID-19
Last updated: December 2020
With El Paso County currently at Level Red: Severe Risk on Colorado’s Covid-19 dial framework, The Independence Center is operating at 10% capacity for onsite staff and our building continues to be closed to walk-in traffic.
However, we are still offering assistance to our consumers, clients, and the community over the phone and through email. For those who need face-to-face assistance, we also have a limited number of in-person appointments available. Please call 719-471-8181 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
For more information on current restrictions in El Paso County and elsewhere, please visit https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-dial.
In-Person Appointment Guidelines
- Meetings onsite are by appointment only (no walk-ins until further notice).
- Guests will be asked to remain outside and to call or knock on the door when they arrive for their appointment.
- When making the appointment and before entering the building, all guests will be asked health screening questions.
- Anyone who is sick or who has been exposed to someone who is sick will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- Masks will be required for guests and staff. Guests are encouraged to bring their own masks but if they do not have any, we will supply them with one. Our staff will wear transparent masks when meeting with Deaf and hard of hearing consumers.
- Support and community groups will be held via phone or video conferencing.
- Our staff will sanitize offices/conference rooms between meetings.
The IC works with a network of partners and resources to help people with disabilities live more independent lives. If you need assistance during COVID-19, we urge you to reach out to The IC at 719-471-8181 or contact one of the organizations in the link below.
Create Your Own Health and Wellness Plan
Create a plan including your checklist, support circle, support needs, meal plans, and various other topics necessary to maintain your health and wellness in the time of COVID-19. You can request training on building your plan on our “Schedule Training” page, or you can download and build your own plan by clicking on the “Download PDF” button below.
The links below should be helpful for planning and preparedness.