REPORTS TO: CEO
STATUS: Full-time salaried/exempt
To provide the Board of Directors and The IC Chief Executive Officer and Directors with relevant financial data necessary for budgetary and financial decisions. To maintain an accounting department to support the agency and to oversee the efficient and timely performance of the all departments under his/her purview. Responsible for the performance and deliverables of the Finance Manager (payroll, A/P, A/R) and Business Services Manager (IT, facilities, Information specialists/front desk).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration (Master’s degree preferred), plus five years of experience, of which two must be as a supervisor with a nonprofit agency.
- Home Healthcare financial/billing experience preferred.
- CPA designation preferred or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrates THE IC’s core values of Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability and Integrity and essential team virtues of Humble, Hungry and Smart.
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability:
- Directs the financial affairs of The IC within the scope of responsibility delegated by the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Directly supervises and coordinates activities of the Finance Manager (payroll, A/P, A/R) and Business Services Manager (IT, facilities, Information specialists/front desk, ensuring that standard accounting principles are followed in keeping The IC financial records.
- Responsible for accurate execution of bi-weekly payroll processes.
- Establishes and maintains financial objectives and policies.
- Works with other Directors and managers to draw up annual budgets and projections.
- Works with CEO and Board of Directors to establish long-range priorities for operations and capital expenditures for The IC.
- Is responsible for accurate and timely cash flow projections, financial and other reports as required for internal management, grants, foundations, home health and government agencies.
- Prepares grant and annual fund raising budget requests for Foundation, government, and other special fund sources.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to changes in government health care programs and tax laws.
- Advises management concerning effects of economic changes upon The IC operations.
- Makes recommendations to the Finance Committee for investment of capital and reserve funds.
- Works with the Director of Human Resources to administer employee benefits program and pension plan.
- Makes recommendations to the CEO as to the staffing needs of the department.
- Oversee all ongoing HIPAA activities related to the development, implementation and maintenance of the organization’s privacy policies as well as implement and monitor the security requirements in accordance with applicable federal and state rules and regulations.
- Oversee management of the agency’s IT and telecom systems.
- Oversee management of the facility including the safety and security of the physical assets along with the employees & visitors of the agency.
Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles.
- Experience with budget preparation and financial management.
- Experience with payroll systems.
- Knowledge of federal tax laws and guidelines for nonprofit organizations.
- Understanding of health care billing and collection.
- Skill in capital management and investment.
- Demonstrated ability to train and supervise staff.
- Excellent organizational and oral and written communication skills.
- Proven collaboration and teamwork skills working across all levels of a multi-discipline agency.
- Office environment requiring ongoing computer use and extended amount of time sitting or standing.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position may also require the performance of other duties as assigned.
If you are qualified and wish to apply, please route your resume and salary expectations along with a cover letter addressing your alignment with the minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The Independence Center is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.