One of the most important ways you can become involved in community organizing is to take advantage of your right to vote. Find your elected officials (federal, state, and local) and be aware of who is representing your needs in the community. If your elected official isn’t representing your needs, advocate for yourself by voting for someone who will!
Below are some resources to make your voice heard!
- Contact your local officials using this handy list developed by The Gazette.
- Need to find out who your state representatives are? Click here and enter your address.
- For a list of your national representatives, click here.
- For more election resources, visit the Elections Resources page of our Resource Guide that has links to a variety of information.
- For more information on accessible voting in El Paso County, visit The Independence Center Voting page.
Get Out The Vote 2017 Flyer
Click on the image below to download a copy of our 2017 Get Out The Vote flyer and learn about voting in this year’s election as well as hands-on voter training at The IC.
For more information about Community Organizing, click below or contact the Advocacy Manager at 719-471-8181.