REPORTS TO: HH Operations Manager
STATUS: Full-time; non-exempt/hourly
Position summary: The Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) Coordinator maintains and supports Personal Care Provider (PCP) and In Home Support Services (IHSS) programs through the direction of program staff, quality control of the programs, maintenance of current program clients and program growth through addition of clients.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- CNA License and CPR Certification
- Two years’ experience as a CNA.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs.
- Current TB test
- Current driver’s license, insurance, good driving record and reliable transportation
- Two years’ experience in home health care; Knowledge of HCBS/Medicaid waiver programs preferred
- Demonstrates THE IC’s core values of Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability and Integrity and essential team virtues of Humble, Hungry and Smart.
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability:
- Oversees IHSS and PCP at the care location at thirty (30) day, ninety (90) day, six (6) month and yearly client evaluation and reports staff issues to HH Operations Manager
- Maintain confidentiality as outlined in The IC Employee Handbook and work within the confines of HIPAA regulations.
- Carries out The IC policies and procedures.
- Attends quarterly PAC meetings to provide continuity of service of HCBS services provided.
- Reviews and approves all requests for HCBS services.
- Coordinates and manages SOC services for all HCBS clients.
- Initial point of contact for both clients and caregivers, thoroughly explains HH delegated authority (client) and employee (caregiver) requirements.
- Maintains professional relationship with SEP, referral sources, case managers, clients, and family/friend caregivers.
- Maintains relationship with IC Independent Living teams to promote integrated services to clients.
- Initiate new hire paperwork with family/friend caregivers at initial evaluation of client.
- Attends HH Huddle for coordinating care and admission requirements.
- Distributes referral for assignment, scheduling, billing and coordination of care services to the HH team.
- Creates and maintains daily visit worksheet for each HCBS and IHSS client and submits them to single entry point case managers for approval
- Demonstrates teamwork and effective communication to accomplish agency and client goals.
- Participates in care conferences and other team/ agency meetings.
- Educates clients to IL services and supports.
- Participates in the agency’s ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Coordinates the agency’s HCBS annual chart audit review and performs ongoing chart reviews in accordance with IC policies and procedures.
- Selects sample of active HCBS records in accordance with policy and Medicaid requirements.
- Prepares written summary of findings and recommendations for HH Clinical Manager to report to PAC.
- Assists in implementation of recommendations and plans for evaluating results.
- Completes 12 annual Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Possess decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas
- Organizational and time management skills
- Successful completion of CNA certification and licensure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Office and field environment; must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel within Colorado Springs and surrounding counties to meet with individuals, including accessing consumer homes, attend meetings, and present information.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower the qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
This position may also require the performance of other duties as assigned.
This position is approved for the full IC-approved mileage reimbursement rate
If you are qualified and wish to apply, please route your resume and salary expectations along with a cover letter addressing your alignment with the minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org Responses must be received by Friday, May 3, 2019.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Independence Center adheres to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, as explained in its employee handbook, to all eligible participants regardless of age, sex, color, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower the most qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.