In Home Support Services (IHSS)
In Home Support Services (IHSS) allows for participants on certain Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) to receive care in their home from a family or friend caregiver. The caregiver receives payment for these services. Under IHSS, family and friend caregivers can become employees of The Independence Center, entitled to a host of great benefits.
The Independence Center Benefits for Family and Friend Caregivers
Family and friend caregivers receive full-time or part-time benefits, depending upon their authorized service hours. Caregivers are entitled to:
- Paid training
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) retirement plan— Employees who work at least 1,000 a year (approximately 20 hours per week) will be vested for that year. Full vesting after five years.
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Agency support for caregivers
Full time caregivers (30 hours per week) may additionally qualify for:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
If you need help understanding if you qualify becoming a paid caregiver, The Independence Center offers a personal phone call with a specialist. On this call, we’ll explore options unique to you or your loved one’s situation.
Call us today at 719-471-8181 or click the button below.
Which Colorado Medicaid Waivers does The Independence Center service?
The Independence Center serves participants in the following Colorado Medicaid HCBS waivers:
- Elderly, Blind and Disabled Waiver (EBD)
- Spinal Cord Injury Waiver (SCI) (Douglas County only)
- Children’s Home and Community Based Services Waiver (CHCBS)
The Independence Center proudly serves IHSS clients with family and friend caregivers in the following Southern Colorado counties:
- El Paso
- Las Animas
We’re happy to walk through the specifics of our family and friend caregiver program with you today. Contact us by calling 719-476-3107 or clicking the button below.