JOB TITLE: Independent Living Program Manager (COS)
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of IL
STATUS: Full-time; exempt/salaried
Works closely with the Senior Manager of Independent Living (IL) to develop overall program vision and ensure the development of quality programs and staff. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the IL program by providing daily interaction with staff for the purpose of programmatic progress, managing consumer concerns, and developing and executing infrastructure to ensure the IL philosophy and services are carried out. Ensures the IL program meets all state and federal compliance standards and that the philosophy, mission, goals and core values of the Independence Center are maintained. Maintains positive relationships with partnering agencies by providing information and representation for The Independence Center.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Services or related field.
- Three years’ leadership/managerial experience to include experience managing multiple programs and supervision of staff.
- Experience with monitoring program budgets.
- Experience working with people with disabilities.
- The capacity to work independently.
- Proficiency with MS Windows, MS Office, and other common computer programs
- Demonstration of the IC’s core Values of Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability and Integrity and essential team virtues of Humble, Hungry and Smart.
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability:
- Gain an understanding of IL Philosophy, The IC mission/vision, and have a working knowledge of Title 7 Rules & Regulations for IL and understand the services that IL provides.
- Work with the Senior Manager of IL to develop a strategic plan that includes timelines and strategies to ensure The IC is providing quality programing and completing the goals of the organization.
- To oversee the daily function of the IL department to include staff management, orientation/training of new employees and facilitate the ongoing training to ensure IL staff have the information they need to fulfill their job duties. Complete yearly evaluations as well as assist in the process of developing job descriptions, implement and monitor staff goals and provide general staff support as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring excellent customer service for the agency by assisting staff & consumers as needed with services & resources and fielding customer and community feedback as needed.
- Have a strong knowledge of IL CIl Suite database for the purpose of ensuring staff are documenting goals and services as required to meet CIL regulations.
- Interact and speak effectively with State & Community entities for the purpose of networking, advocacy, program quality and general center promotion. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with coworkers and the public.
- Responsible for holding weekly staff meetings to maintain communication with IL staff and build and maintain a strong IL team. Attend monthly All staff meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring all assessments, billing, and reporting are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist the Assistant Director with developing a budget for the IL Program, ensure program budgets are met and IL staff understands their individual budgets. Utilize proper requisition forms and ensure coding is completed accurately.
- Provide excellent communication with Assistant Director on IL updates and ensure information for CEO & monthly reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring staff have entered their time into Paylocity system, approve timecards and time off requests.
- Work in conjunction with Events Committee to plan and organize IL and Center activities as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality as outlined in the employee handbook. Work within the confines of HIPAA regulations.
- Travel as needed for trainings, conferences, outreach events and meetings.
- Provide backup for the IL Assistant Director as needed.
- Develop and maintain a non-hostile and safe work environment which welcomes diversity and embraces cross disabilities of staff and consumers.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Possess decision making and problem solving skills
- Able to complete tasks in an organized and punctual manner
- Set clear expectations, responsibilities and goals with staff
- Excellent interpersonal and good active listening skills
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking
- Strong program planning skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Office environment requiring ongoing computer use and extended amount of time sitting or standing.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position may also require the performance of other duties as assigned.
If you are qualified and wish to apply, please route your resume and salary expectations along with a cover letter addressing your alignment with the minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses must be received by Friday, November 9, 2018.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The Independence Center is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.