DEPARTMENT: Independent Living
REPORTS TO: IL Senior Manager
STATUS: Full-time; 40 hour/week; non-exempt/hourly
Responsible for the continuous improvement of services through ongoing staff development in documentation to ensure quality standards are being met; this includes regular checks of consumer records, training staff on proper data entry and documentation, and assisting in writing reports for the IL management team and the board of directors. In conjunction with managers, participate in new staff orientations and ongoing training for the purposes of staff development. Work closely with IL Program Managers and the Monitoring and Evaluation Program to ensure that appropriate programmatic outcomes are identified and measured. Provide general program support and assistance as directed by supervisor.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred
- Experience with database systems and developing reports
- Experience with training and staff development
- Proficient with computer, including, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Ability to acquire extensive knowledge and understanding of regulations and laws required by Federal, State and Local regulations
- Demonstrates The IC’s core values of Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability, and Integrity
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability:
- Gain an understanding of IL philosophy and services and The IC mission.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, Fair Housing Act, and Title 7 Rules & Regulations for IL.
- Proficiency with managing and interacting with database systems in order to extract relevant data. Use data to create and present reports and programmatic trends as directed by supervisor and create other reports as requested by management.
- Work closely with the Measurement and Evaluation Program in service of Quality and Evaluation projects specific to the Independent Living department. Collaborate with M&E to analyze data that are meaningful both internally and externally.
- Assist in developing survey instruments for IL Programs on various platforms as requested and complete survey specific data entry.
- Collaborate with IL Managers on IL Dashboards on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for IL.
- Assist with analyzing and compiling year-end data and trends for 704 and 70B data reports. Engage in the periodic design and implementation of consumer satisfaction surveys.
- In coordination with IL Managers, provide initial orientation and ongoing training on documentation and quality improvement processes.
- Provide general program assistance and conduct activities to support program quality as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality as outlined in the employee handbook. Work within the confines of HIPPA regulations.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly All staff meetings.
- Accept responsibility for personal and professional development and engage in and explore opportunities for position related training.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary for the position.
Skills and Abilities:
- Personal experience with a disability and knowledge of the IL Movement is desirable
- Excellent writing skills for reports and related documents
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking
- Skilled in identifying and recommending solutions to challenges
- Ability to use Excel and Word and Powerpoint to produce dashboard information and evaluation reports for the IL Department.
- Office environment requiring ongoing computer use and extended amount of time sitting or standing.
- Ability to travel within Colorado Springs and surrounding counties to attend meetings and present information.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower the qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.
This position may also require the performance of other duties as assigned.
If you are qualified and wish to apply, please route your resume and salary expectations along with a cover letter addressing your alignment with the minimum qualifications to email@example.com. Responses must be received by Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Independence Center adheres to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, as explained in its employee handbook, to all eligible participants regardless of age, sex, color, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, or disability. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to empower the most qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of this position.