Help with Disability
& Other Benefits
Understanding disability benefits is crucial to independence.
The Independence Center can help empower you to advocate for yourself when it comes to your benefits. Our Benefits Department offers resources to assist you in navigating federal or state disability programs, including SSI, SSDI, and Medicaid (including Long Term Care – Medicaid), Medicare, SNAP, TANF and other benefits.
These resources can help you:
- Understand these disability programs;
- Know how to communicate effectively with government agencies;
- Understand rules and restrictions surrounding your benefits;
- Know what you need to apply for benefits;
- Know where to go when you need additional advocacy if you are denied federal disability benefits.
We can also help you make informed decisions on how to begin/continue working and how to maximize your benefits through work incentives counseling. This counseling provides the opportunity to walk through earned income calculations and receive guidance through ongoing benefit/employment management.
To learn more, please contact our Benefits Coordinator at 719-471-8181 or click the button below.