Disability Picture ID Bus Card
Received a reduced rate with Mountain Metro Transit with a Disability Picture ID Bus Card! The IC is the only issuing agency working with the City of Colorado Springs Transit Services for this card.
Getting one is simple:
1. Visit The Independence Center’s front desk from 8:00 AM—3:30 PM, Monday—Friday.
2. Bring your up-to-date state ID and one of the following as proof of disability:
- Your Social Security Insurance (SSI) or Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) award letter;
- Medicare card (Medicaid is not accepted);
- Med 9 Form (obtained from Colorado Department of Human Services);
- VA Disability letter showing a 50% or more disability.
3. Have your photo taken for your card.
4. If you have the proper certification, you will leave with your new card.
Please note: This card is not transferrable. Any lost cards will require a $5 replacement fee.
Other helpful information:
We can also provide information and an application form ONLY for Disability Parking Placard, Metro Mobility and Envida Paratransit Services. Only persons with proof of disability can apply. Please see information above for proof of disability.
For more information, click on the button below or call us at 719-471-8181.