Housing Information

Disability housing

Affordable, accessible housing is an essential part of Independent living. The Independence Center can assist you in your search for housing.

We have an updated, local apartment availability list as well as a list of local organizations that provide housing assistance. Our Housing Specialist also maintains Section 8 vouchers that are issued by the state.

If you need help with housing, or would like to obtain a resource or housing list, click the button below or contact our Housing Specialist at 719-471-8181 to learn more.


Home Modification Information

The Independence Center (The IC) can inform you about Medicaid and non-Medicaid home modifications so you can see if you qualify for either. If you’re in need of a modification to your home that will greatly improve your safety, independence or quality of life, please click on the button below for more information and who to contact.