Public Notice – The Independence Center Opening Housing Voucher Waitlist
The Colorado Department of Local Affairs, (DOLA) Division of Housing (DOH) in conjunction with The Independence Center will open its Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program waiting list on Tuesday, 06/15/21, from 8 am until 4:30 pm.
The waiting list is open to all applicants, but priority will be given to those who meet DOH’s local preference(s) of:
- Individuals/Families that are experiencing homelessness,
- Individuals/Families that include a person with a disability,
- Individuals/Families that include victims of domestic violence,
- Non-Elderly Disabled families transitioning from nursing homes and other approved institutional settings into independent, community-based living, and/or
- Families that are current participants in a DOH housing program (SHV, CoC PSH, CATV, Section 8, TBRA).
Completed applications may be submitted in the following ways:
- In-person from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, on Tuesday, 06/15/21 at The Independence Center office located at 729 S. Tejon St Colorado Springs, CO 80903. Please use the East entrance off the parking lot. If you are in need of an accommodation, please call 719-471-8181 ext. 113.
- Via fax (719) 471-9322, email by scanning and emailing the application to housingwaitlist@The-ic.org. Applications will only be accepted on June 15 from 8 am to 4:30pm.
- Via USPS by mailing the application to The Independence Center (see address above). Must be post marked by 06/15/21 to be accepted.
Applications may be requested or picked up prior to 06/15/21, but applications may not be submitted until the day of 06/15/2021.
To request an application be mailed to you, or if you or someone in your household is a person with a disability and you require a reasonable accommodation to access the housing program, please contact The Independence Center at 719-471-8181, or email: housingwaitlist@The-ic.org.
Once an application has been submitted, you will need to contact The Independence Center with any changes to your contact information or preferences.