Energy Assistance


Department of Human Services
1675 Garden of Gods, CS/CO 80907
(719) 442-0007
(866) 432-8435

A state subsidized program to provide assistance with winter heating costs for low-income households.

LEAP is a mail-in program and county LEAP offices do not require or encourage a personal interview even if your utilities are already disconnected or about to be disconnected.

LEAP is a federally funded program administered by the Colorado Department of Human Services and is designed to assist with your winter heating costs. The LEAP Program eligibility period runs from November 1st through April 30th.

LEAP is not intended to pay the entire cost of home heating.
If you are applying for LEAP assistance, you should continue to pay your home heating bill.

Also, Project COPE;

For a referral to a Project COPE agency near you, call 2-1-1 or 448-4800. To be eligible for Project COPE assistance, you must be a Colorado Springs Utilities customer; and  have received a Colorado Springs Utilities disconnect notice; and  be experiencing an emergency situation; and first apply for Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) assistance.  If LEAP assistance is no longer available, or if you do not qualify for LEAP, you may apply for Project COPE assistance. Eligible customers may receive one-time Project COPE assistance annually through grants not to exceed $500.00.



303 355-9969
Fax: 303 355-9968

Energy Assistance Program:  Can help with your utility bill through a grant provided by Energy Outreach Colorado (EOC). Only a person with a brain injury can apply.

You must have already applied for LEAP during the qualifying dates of Nov 1st through April 30th.



5920 Paonia Court, CS/CO 80915
(719) 591-0772

A United Way agency that assists low-income tenants and property owners. Open Monday thru Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.  Will perform audits to ensure energy efficiency and provide weatherization, insulation, and furnace services at no cost to qualified applicants if they are on Leap.



(719) 448-4800

Gas, Electric, Water, Wastewater:  Call this agency if your pilot light goes out, for electrical outages, or water breaks.