March 16, 2020
COVID-19: A Message to Our Consumers, Clients, and Friends
COVID-19 – Our Staff Is Here for You
To our consumers, clients, and friends,
With the rise of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in the U.S. and locally, we understand that these are uncertain times. We want to reassure you that our staff, services, and resources will continue to be available to you. However, in an effort to mitigate the impact on our consumers, clients, and staff, we are making changes in some of the ways we do business.
Beginning on Monday, March 16, 2020, our buildings (located at 729 and 711 S. Tejon) will be closed to visitors, including consumers, clients, and vendors. Our staff will still be available to assist you by phone (719-471-8181) and email (email@example.com) during our regular business hours of 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Below, you will find helpful information and resources about the coronavirus and emergency planning. This will be updated as the situation evolves.
In addition – with guidance and recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and state and local officials – we have implemented the following policies and procedures for our staff and leadership team to help them stay healthy and available to you:
- Frequently communicating with our staff regarding this rapidly changing situation and giving them the support they need to make good decisions for themselves, their families, and the people we serve.
- Encouraging good hand and respiratory hygiene, including frequent hand washing.
- Taking extra precautions in our work environment.
- Eliminating business-related travel and gatherings whenever possible.
- Sending home employees who appear to be sick.
- Requiring self-quarantine for staff who travel for personal reasons.
- Increasing social distancing by implementing technology and infrastructure that would allow some staff members to work remotely.
Thank you for your being part of The Independence Center family. We look forward to helping you through these times and beyond. We will continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 and will adjust accordingly.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out. We’re all in this together!
Patricia Yeager, Ph.D.
CEO, The Independence Center