November 18, 2019
Podcast: A Conversation with Dr. Matthew Weed
by Amber Carlton
In Episode 9 of the Real Empowerment Podcast, Daniel Ratcliff and Rebecca Michael of The Independence Center sit down with Dr. Matthew A. Weed, a consumer of The IC. Dr. Weed is a geneticist and is the first totally blind, diabetic person to graduate from Yale, Princeton, and Harvard universities.
In this podcast, listeners will learn:
- The challenges he faced and the solutions he found to make his way to Yale.
- His advice to students with disabilities who are preparing for college.
- His experience looking for employment with a double disability.
- What drives him to succeed.
- How he found The IC and the services he has utilized.
To listen to the podcast, click below.
For more information on disability awareness or individual advocacy, contact The IC at 719-476-8181.