October 7, 2019
Podcast: Emergency Preparedness for People with Disabilities
In Episode Two of the Real Empowerment Podcast, The IC’s Daniel Ratcliff discussed inclusive emergency preparedness with Sadie Martinez, the Access and Functional Needs Coordinator for the Colorado Office of Emergency Management, and Sierra Cortez, Community Advocacy Coordinator for The IC.
The trio covered a variety of topics including:
- The definition of emergency preparedness.
- What is a good emergency plan?
- Why emergency plans are different for everyone.
- The C-MIST model of emergency preparedness.
- How emergency preparedness differs on the state and local levels.
- Where to find resources to create an emergency plan.
To listen to the podcast, click below.
If you’d like more information about inclusive emergency preparedness, contact Sierra at 719-471-8181, ext. 169 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.