November 4, 2019
Real Empowerment Podcast: Putting Veterans in Charge
In Episode 6 of the Real Empowerment Podcast, The Independence Center’s (The IC) Veteran in Charge (VIC) Manager Marsha Unruh and Veteran Coach Coordinator Ashley Billington stop by to talk about the program, which is a veteran-directed care program funded by the Veterans Administration (VA). The program helps veterans who can remain in their home choose the services and supports they need to stay in their home and community.
In the podcast, the program is discussed in depth, including:
- How the program became part of The Independence Center.
- Which counties The IC serves with the VIC program.
- Who is eligible for the program.
- Whether a veteran has to have a disability rating with the VA to qualify.
- The role of an authorized representative.
To listen to the podcast, click below.
For more information on the VIC program, contact The IC at 719-471-8181.