August 8, 2013
Resume Myths Busted
If you need help building a resume or finding a job, The IC offers employment classes to help you do just that. Check out our class schedule page here for more information.
- Grade point average is a top consideration.
- Résumés should be one page.
- Achievements should be highlighted in a separate section.
- Résumés should have your entire work history.
- Your résumé should be general to increase your chances of getting a job.
- Paper résumés are enough.
- Don’t include social media information.
- White lies are OK.
- A PDF is better than a Microsoft Word document.
- A good résumé will get you a job.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff on your résumé. A few grammatical errors or typos are expected.
For an explanation of each myth, check out the article here: http://on.mash.to/15Lv8bJ