December 17, 2020
The IC Honored by Staff as a 2020 Best Workplace
We are excited to announce that The Independence Center was recently recognized as one of the Gazette’s Best Workplaces for 2020.
This award is special to us because, in order to be eligible, a business must be nominated by its employees. Once nominated, staff members are asked to complete a survey and give feedback on everything from organizational health to engagement to leadership.
Here are just a few of the wonderful comments that helped The IC, with its 300+ employees, secure a place in the Extra-Large Companies category:
- The Independence Center has an almost “family” feeling, as well as the very excellent “helping of humanity” that comes with a well run non-profit organization.
- The values and ethics publicly listed are true values and ethics of the company.
- We have excellent leaders that make sure the employees are part of the decisions that affect our lives.
- This company works to help other people better their lives and thrive in the community. Also, this company obviously cares about its employees and our well-being.
- Great people, great work environment, great flexibility and balance, great pay, great benefits.
Thank you to our staff, not only for this award but for making The IC such a great place to work!
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our terrific team, you can find our job openings by clicking the button below. We are currently looking to welcome Certified Nurse Aides (CNAs), Personal Care Attendants, and others to The Independence Center family.