Home Health Care Resource Library

Finding a Home Health Care agency and the right caregiver is important. To help you in that journey, see the resources below.


Paid Family and Friend Caregiver Program

About In Home Support Services (IHSS) in Colorado

How to become a paid Family or Friend Caregiver with The Independence Center


Home Modification & Assistive Technology

Home Modification Assistance

Modifications can remove the obstacles to aging in place


Caregiver Resources

Get Paid to Be a Caregiver for Spouse or Family Member


Disability/Medicaid Benefits

Help with SSI/SSDI Benefits


Home Health Care Articles

Participant Directed Services for Home Health Care in Colorado

What to Expect from Home Health Care

Does a Caregiver Need to Be Certified?

How to Choose a Home Health Agency

Understanding Medicaid Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)


Still have questions? Contact us by calling 719-471-8181 or click the button below.

Looking for In-Home Care?


To learn more about other services and resources that could help you, contact an Information & Referral Specialist at 719-471-8181 or click the button below.

Independent Living Information

The Independence Center also has a Center for Independent Living (CIL) that offers free services for all who self-identify as having a disability and live in El Paso, Cheyenne, Kit Carson, Lincoln, Park or Teller counties. We can help you with information and referral (I&R) services, peer support & individual advocacy, ongoing skills classes, transition services (out of nursing homes), and advocating for community change. Beyond that, we offer information on housing and transportation, help finding a job, tools for accessibility and assistive technology, help with SSI/SSDI benefits, deaf & hard of hearing services, and low vision & blindness services.